Bryan Hunter is the quintessential community champion. Everywhere he goes, he is cheerfully spreading the good news of functional programming and other technology he believes will benefit all developers.
Just a sample...
- Founder and facilitator of the NashFP Meetup (Nashville Functional Programming) since 2012. This group meets as a "show and tell" format, encouraging every member to participate in giving short presentations in the vein of, "Here's what I've been learning."
- Helped curate talks for functional programming tracks of conferences, such as NDC Oslo and CodeMash
- President of the Nashville .NET User Group, 2011
- Bryan and his previous company, Firefly Logic, were behind the very successful Nashville GiveCamp events in 2010 and 2011.
- Microsoft F# MVP
I first met Bryan at the Nashville .NET User Group. I served as secretary of the group the year he was president, and we got to know each other better. Bryan encouraged me to start speaking and presenting, and then to become the next president of the user group.
Bryan set a very high standard of professionalism, mentoring, encouragement, and service to the community. It has always been very clear to me that Bryan's motivation to serve the community is entirely selfless. He continually strives to help others learn and be successful.
I have no doubt I would not have accomplished all that I have in the last 6 years without Bryan's encouragement and inspiration. I owe him a huge debt of gratitude!
Thank you, Bryan, for all the work you've done and continue to do help the developer community!
- DotNetRocks: Lean Functional with Bryan Hunter
- DotNetRocks: Programming in Elixir with Bryan Hunter
- Developer on Fire: Bryan Hunter - Reducing Fear