Each year for the last several years, I have ridden my motorcycle to CodeStock in Knoxville, TN. Not very far from Knoxville is some of the most beautiful, scenic roads in the entire USA.
My favorite is the Cherohala Skyway. The Cherohala Skyway reaches over 5,400 feet elevation with amazing views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. Highway 129, known world-wide by motorcyle and car enthusiasts as "The Tail of the Dragon", is a rollercoaster ride of 318 curves in just 11 miles. I look forward to this trip all year. What would make the trip even better is to share the experience with you.
If you've ever followed one of the old Tech*Ed conferences or a Microsoft MVP Summit, you may have heard about an unofficial event "Party with Palermo." For many years, Jeffrey Palermo has put together a great gathering of geeks, to socialize and have fun.
Taking inspiration from "Party with Palermo," I've come up with my own event: "Ride with ReverentGeek." If you're keen to see some of the most beautiful sights in all creation, I would love for you to join me in riding/driving from Tellico Plains, TN to Knoxville, TN, taking in the Cherohala Skyway and "The Tail of the Dragon" along the way.
- When: Thursday, July 14th, 2016
- Where: Hardee's Tellico Plains, TN
- 09:30 am: Meet at Hardee's for breakfast (optional)
- 10:15 am: Kick stands up - Ride the Cherohala Skyway, with stops at scenic overlooks
- 12:15 pm: Lunch at Lynn's Place, Robbinsville, NC
- 01:30 pm: Ride to the Store at Deal's Gap / Tail of the Dragon Store, stop for souvenirs and pics of the dragon
- 02:15 pm: Ride the Tail of the Dragon, stopping at the Calderwood Dam overlook
- 02:45 pm: Ride on to Maryville, TN
- 04:00 pm: Arrive in Knoxville
Please RSVP. Post any questions below, or contact me on Twitter.